Abstract / Video Submission
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to present your work to an international audience and the chance to win one of our prizes.
|Abstract / video submission opens||August 1, 2018|
|Abstract / video submission closes||November 30, 2018|
|ESGE Days 2019||April 4 - 6, 2019|
- Clinical Endoscopic Practice
- Stomach and small intestine
- Colon and rectum
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Pediatric endoscopy
- Endoscopic technology
Each category is divided into a number of subcategories. Abstract/video authors are asked to choose subcategories from the main categories during the submission process.
Publication of accepted abstracts
The submission of the abstracts constitutes the authors’ consent to publication. All abstracts accepted for presentation will be published in the journal Endoscopy.
Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract for ESGE Days 2019. By opening the call for abstracts, ESGE wishes to engage with our participants, to open up a forum which offers authors with the opportunity to discuss and disseminate their work on an international stage.
ESGE Days encourages work that contains basic, clinical or translational research findings. Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your abstract/video:
- Abstracts and videos may be submitted online via the ESGE Days Abstract Submission System. Submissions by fax, post or email will not be considered.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact in the abstract text will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- Abstracts will not be considered for presentation if they have been published or accepted for publication as an article in printed or electronic formats upon the November 30, 2018 submission deadline.
- ESGE Days 2019 abstract and video submission closes on November 30, 2018 at 23:59 Central European Time. No further edits to abstracts, author additions or changes to author information will be possible after this date.
- For technical questions regarding the abstract submission system, please contact the abstract support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions regarding the content of the abstract should be addressed to email@example.com.
Abstract / video submission process
Before submitting an abstract, authors must create a personal account in the ESGE Days 2019 Abstract Submission System. More than one abstract can be submitted from one account. After an abstract has been created, modifications can be made until the submission deadline on November 30, 2018.
Choose an abstract category
The abstract category is the general heading under which the abstract will be reviewed and later published, if accepted. The abstract category which best describes the subject of the abstract should be chosen. During the submission process, submitter will be asked to select one subcategory from one main category.
Abstracts submitted should contain concise statements of:
- Aims: indicate the purpose and objective of the research, the hypothesis that was tested or a description of the problem being analyzed or evaluated.
- Methods: describe the study period / setting / location, study design, data collection and methods of analysis used.
- Results: present as clearly and in as much detail as possible the findings / outcome of the study. Please summarize any specific results.
- Conclusions: explain the significance of your findings / outcomes and future implications of the results.
The abstract text body is limited to 300 words excluding the title. Titles are limited to 25 words.
One table can be included, with maximum 5 rows and 5 columns.
- The length of the video should be maximum 3 minutes. The file size should be maximum 200 MB.
- One (1) video allowed.
- Patient names should not appear anywhere in a video. Please check carefully for any identifying information including date of birth, height, weight etc.
- The following formats are acceptable: *.avi, *.mov, *.mpg, as well as mpeg 4 and WMV.
After submission, a confirmation email will be sent to the submitter. In order to receive confirmation, please ensure that emails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not marked as spam by your e-mail provider.
Policies for abstract / video submission
Abstracts should not include libelous or defamatory content. Material presented in abstracts should not violate any copyright laws. If figures/graphics/images have been taken from sources not copyrighted by the author, it is the author’s sole responsibility to secure the rights from the copyright holder in writing to reproduce those figures/graphics/images for both worldwide print and web publication. All reproduction costs charged by the copyright holder must be borne by the author.
An abstract which has been previously published or presented at an international meeting can be submitted provided that there are new methods, findings, updated information or other valid reasons for submitting.
If preliminary or partial data have been published or presented previously, the submitting author will be required to provide details of the publication or presentation. This information will be considered by the ESGE Days scientific committee when making final decisions.
If the author neglects to provide these required details and justification, or if evidence of previous publication or presentation is found, the abstract will be rejected.
The conference organizers regard plagiarism as serious professional misconduct. If plagiarism is identified, the abstract and any other abstracts submitted by the same author are rejected.
Review and selection process
All submitted abstracts will go through a blind peer-review process carried out by an international reviewing committee. The ESGE Days scientific committee uses abstract scores and rankings to develop the final congress program and select abstracts for oral or ePoster presentation at ESGE Days.
Abstract / video presentation
A small number of highest-scoring abstracts are selected for presentation in oral presentation sessions; the majority of the abstracts will be displayed in the ePoster exhibition.
Notification of acceptance or rejection to corresponding author
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitting (corresponding) author. Please note that only the corresponding author will receive an email concerning the status and is responsible for informing all co-authors. Authors whose abstracts have been accepted will receive instructions for the presentation of their abstract/video.
If an author is invited to present and does not confirm their participation, the abstract/video may be withdrawn. Declined invitations will result in automatic withdrawal.
Common reasons for rejection:
- Abstract poorly written
- Clear objective and/or hypothesis missing
- Linkage between different parts of the abstract not comprehensible
- Summary of essential results inadequate and/or missing
ESGE Days will withdraw an abstract upon written request from the submitting author. Requests for withdrawal must be made by January 31, 2019. After this date, ESGE cannot guarantee that a withdrawn abstract will be excluded from publication. Requests to withdraw an abstract must contain the submitting author’s name and abstract title. To withdraw an abstract, please contact email@example.com.