Innovation of the year
ESGE Innovation of the Year award
Innovation drives progress and ESGE would like to recognize outstanding innovations in the field of endoscopy.
Noun | in.no.va.tion |,i-nə-´vā-shen
1. The introduction of something new
2. A new idea, method or device
ESGE is pleased to announce the “Innovation of the Year” award. We are seeking the most inspiring, ground breaking and potentially game changing innovations in endoscopy.
Students, physicians, institutes, corporate partners and biomedical companies are invited to submit applications demonstrating how their innovation (new technique, new device) has changed patient management and increased quality standards. The best innovation in two categories will be recognized:
|Thursday, November 1, 2018||Submission portal opens|
|Saturday, December 15, 2018||Submission deadline|
|Monday, December 17, 2018||Evaluation process|
|Mid January 2019||Notification of results|
|April 4 - 6, 2019||ESGE Days 2019|
Winners will be chosen by a panel of ESGE days scientific committee members.
The deadline for submitting your Innovation of the Year award application has elapsed. The evaluation process is now underway, the winners being chosen by a panel of ESGE days scientific committee members.
Rules and Regulations for the ESGE Innovation of the Year award
To be eligible, the device, accessory, technique must have been launched (or will be launched) between January 2018 and December 2018.
The ESGE Innovation of the Year award is intended to encourage and recognize excellence in contributing to new technique or device to enhancing endoscopic based healthcare. Awards can be given for a project by any individual, or group of individuals, or organization (from private or public sectors).
- Persons may submit more than one application.
- Applications may come from any country, but the project should go beyond national borders in its reach or thinking, and must seek to address global health challenges in innovative ways or through new ideas.
- Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the award, and shall include:
a. an abstract of 250 words maximum;
b. a well-developed description which should not exceed 1,000 words in length. The application should include a description of the device or the technique, the rationale, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution for the patient management. Up to three additional supporting items (eg. Photographs or videos) can be added. The maximum file size is 200 MB.
- Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
- Applications must be in English.
- The deadline for applications is Friday, December 15, 2018 at 24:00 CET, and the results will be announced in mid January 2019.
- An expert panel will evaluate and attribute a score to each valid application received and selection will be based on the following criteria: a. impact on the future of endoscopic practice b. creativity and c. originality.
- ESGE reserves the right to disqualify any application from further consideration at any point of the review proceedings.
- The winner will be notified immediately prior to the public announcement, via the email contact address provided upon application.
- ESGE reserves the right to oblige any potential winner to provide information such that ESGE might be satisfied with the rigor and integrity of the work, as well as the compliance with international guidelines.
- ESGE reserves the right to amend the rules and regulations. If the rules and regulations are amended, ESGE will contact those who have already submitted applications and update them with regard to the altered rules.
- Entry implies acceptance of these rules, and all applicants agree to be bound by them upon submitting an application.
- ESGE will keep personal details submitted with the application for a reasonable time so that contact can be taken up with potential winners.
- ESGE will not pass on your personal details to any other organization, with the sole exception of naming the winner(s) and publicizing the winner in accordance with these rules and regulations.
- The winner(s) agree to have his/her/their name(s) published for promotion purposes along with a description of the winning project, and to be available for media requests including photographs and interviews.
- All decisions made by the ESGE in relation to the contest are final and no correspondence concerning decisions will be entered into.
- ESGE is not liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part.
- Members of the ESGE Days 2019 Organizing/Scientific committee and evaluation panel are not eligible to apply.