Welcome to ESGE’s annual congress:
ESGE Days 2021 – the essential event for all of the GI endoscopy team!
ESGE Days 2021 will be hosted 100% virtually on March 25-27. 7 live streams across 3 days will deliver a packed and high-quality scientific programme including live demonstrations of endoscopy procedures, sessions in collaboration with partnering societies, cutting-edge lectures by international leaders in their field and much more.
It’s the perfect place to update your skills and network and ESGE President Professor Mário Dinis-Ribeiro looks forward to connecting with as many members and colleagues as possible at the event.
5 GREAT REASONS TO REGISTER TODAY!
- 1. Join the Live Demonstrations and gain insights into how leaders in various fields approach both routine and complex scenarios.
- 2. Meet the experts from selected sessions; we bring the speaker to you!
- 3. ESGE is joining forces with partnering societies from around the globe to increase the awareness of differing perspectives.
- 4. If you are a young endoscopist join the EYE Zone for topics focused on career development in an informal atmosphere.
- 5. ESGE Days 2021 caters to the entire endoscopy community! Join us for the ESGENA sessions developed specially with nurses in mind.
ESGE was officially established in 1964 in Brussels but the need for such a gastroenterology society was already established in 1954 at the S.I.G.E congress in Paris.
By the early 1960s endoscopy was playing an increasingly important role in meetings and as a result, at the A.S.N.E.M.G.E. Congress in Leiden in 1960 a symposium on varied endoscopy subjects took place, where a group of endoscopists got together and decided to establish a club that concentrated on promoting endoscopy.
Since this time ESGE has steadily grown stronger and increasingly more active. Numerous workshops, grant programmes, as well as the work of the education, guidelines and research committees, the development of an annual congress ESGE Days and the involvement in the United European Gastroenterology Week (UEG Week) succeed in fulfilling the first and foremost aim of the society: to promote quality in endoscopy.
Click here to find out more.